- Deconstruct your favourite drams using these easy-to-follow steps
- Dr. Gordon Steele on Scotch whisky categories
- Explainer: The five categories of Scotch whisky
- Dr. Gordon Steele on Scotch whisky regions
- Explainer: The five Scotch whisky regions
- Dr. Gordon Steele on Scotch whisky labels
- Explainer: Six things required on a Scotch whisky label
- Dr. Gordon Steele on Scotch whisky glasses
- Explainer: Four common Scotch whisky glasses
- Download your SWRI Scotch whisky flavour wheel
- Dr. Gordon Steele on Scotch whisky flavour wheels
- 1. The central wheel
- 2. The middle wheel
- 3. The outer wheel
Download the PDF
- Download the PDF summary
Overall the course was accessible, very interesting. I knew a little, learned a lot, and the teacher was very pleasant to listen to.
All you need to know of the basic 101 in Scotch Whisky. More to introduce the general concept than an in depth dive in to the vast variety of scotch but definitely leaves an appetite for more.
Tim Fabian Müller
A great deal of time, care and effort has been put into this Intro course... much like Scotch itself! The information was insightful, thorough and easy to digest as well. Think I'll have to do the Certificate now!